Monday, April 27, 2015

Honestly! We Do Things Other than Eat!

In researching for this trip, I kept coming across a couple of restaurants that sounded unique and interesting. So I added them to my list of places I hoped we could try. Today we managed to check off two of these places.

The first is an Indian restaurant called Dishoom. There are several locations in London, and their breakfast specialty that everyone raves about is a bacon naan. How can it be bad if it has bacon? They use that wonderful, warm naan bread to start, add light cream cheese and tomato jam, and then add the bacon. Greg had bacon and eggs on his. Awesome!


The second place I have on my "must try" list is Burger & Lobster. The idea is simple. You have 3 choices: a burger, a lobster, or a lobster roll. All are served with fries and a salad and the cost is 20 BP. That's the menu. I'd heard the place is usually packed and to expect a wait, but when we arrived for a late lunch, there were very few people there. We both ordered the lobster rolls, and they were amazing.


In between these two gluttonous acts, we did manage to go on a tour of Westminster Abbey. That place is beautiful and so full of history. And today it was also full of people! Our tour could hardly move through the mob of people. It was another tour with the London Walks group, and the guide was very knowledgeable and did the best job she could of navigating us around the people. There's no photography allowed inside Westminster, so instead, here are a few shots I took as we walked around town.

Shaun the Sheep is everywhere. Each one is painted differently, and it's fun to find them.

And this is a sign for an Italian coffee chain that is virtually on every block in London. The first time I saw it, I was sure it said Caffe Nerd, so that's what I'm going to call it from now on.

Heading to the theater again tonight. I love that discount ticket booth!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to ask a question or comment. And please sign your comment so I know who you are.